Friday, June 3, 2016
The Relationship Manager (RM) manages a portfolio of Agribusiness clients and is a key role in the field organization, building relationships by providing financial advice to Ag clients with a focus on client experience and risk management. Client focus will be on larger agricultural crop and livestock production operations and small to mid-size agribusinesses.
- Primary focus will be on new business development and growing relationships in the Texas market.
- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients; grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients.
- Use expert knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their businesses and analyze product and service growth opportunities and ensure profitability of portfolio.
- Utilize extensive referral networks and centers of influence to identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term relationship.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in either agricultural science, finance, or related fields.
- Finance and commercial lending experience with some background in agriculture – either living in or having knowledge of the farming environment (livestock and row crop agricultural production) or having worked in an agricultural revenue generating environment.
- Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
- Expert knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct control;
- Able to identify innovative solutions to best serve client and/or manage risk.
- Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
- Establishes and consistently uses a disciplined process to manage time; uses time strategically to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of different types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts.
- Candidates with strong current business network preferred. Develop, retain and expand relationships with Centers of Influence (COI) i.e.: CPA’s and attorneys. Viewed as a leader in community organizations such as Chamber of Commerce, non-profit boards.
- Travel requirement: approximately 25%
Interested? Click here to complete our questionnaire.