Strategic Project Manager
Friday, January 4, 2019
Client is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to oversee a portfolio of financial process and system improvements. This person will also coordinate the efforts on a number of strategic initiatives designed to help the company achieve its growth targets. This position will have accountability to deliver key initiatives within and in support of the client, which provides strategic and transactional services and support in Finance and Accounting, HR, Tax, Treasury, Legal, Risk management, EHS&S, Procurement, and Information Technology to operating companies within the portfolio. This position will provide project leadership, direction, and coordination.
- Partners with Accounting, Technology and other business leaders to deliver projects in support of the organization’s strategic plan. Viewed as a project Leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery.
- Defines and manages complex project plans for multiple simultaneous projects and programs including scope, budget and schedule. Leads team to execute tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
- Partners with appropriate managers and vendors to assemble project teams and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
- Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
- Communicates effectively both written and verbally project plans and all relevant components of the plan such as risks, schedules, expectations and ongoing updates to Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
- Assumes a high level of responsibility and provides direction through influence in a team-oriented environment, directing tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills to direct performance of outside contractors and maintain positive relations with internal customers.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, team-based environment.
- Validates and helps develop business cases with Customers including project charter.
- Establishes and maintains strong functional alliances across the organizations to drive results by building trust across diverse teams.
- Adheres to PMO processes and policies resulting in efficient, repeatable delivery.
- Tracks project management and budget information, efficiency, cost saving and improvement to processes to support the projects, from initiation to Delivery and Production Support.
- Improves the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the project delivery artifacts.
- Promotes the development and diffusion of project management culture and maturity throughout the organization.
- Balances the art and science of project management to scale and leverage techniques and processes efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance, CS, or a technology-related field; Masters degree and/or PMP are a plus
- 3+ years in the management of large, complex financial projects such as financial system implementations, major enhancements, process improvements, etc.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously including or similar to:
- Financial systems
- ERP, HCM or EAM System Integration
- Process Improvements/Standardization
- Demand Management
- Strong management skills and ability to serve multiple organizations with unique needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Demonstrated track record of successful interaction with executive leaders
- Understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies (SDLC)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time when needed
Subscribe To Our Blog
Director of Technical Accounting
Senior Financial Analyst
Strategic Project Manager
Manager Financial Reporting
Senior Vice President – Asset Management
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance