Director of Technical Accounting
Friday, January 4, 2019
RJ Byrd is initiating a search for a Director of Technical Accounting for a publicly held in DFW. Our client operates in several key markets around the world and this role will interact across the organization. This is an ideal time to join this company—they are in a strong position financially and their growth strategy involves a considerable amount of acquisitions. The focus on acquisitions and the complexity of the organization’s structure should translate into a unique growth and development opportunity for someone. This position, among other responsibilities, is intended to maintain, if not heighten, the accounting integrity for the company and implement various processes that ensure sustainability going forward.
- Serves as enterprise-wide technical accounting resource and ensures compliance with GAAP and IFRS policy.
- Assist the company’s leadership team with M&A activities, including purchase price accounting and valuation work.
- Provides technical accounting guidance for significant transactions.
- Research and interpret accounting guidance; apply accounting guidance to specific transactions.
- Works directly with business unit leaders and MIS teams in developing guidelines/process for capitalized software.
- Supports business case development; financial modeling for new business lines/service offerings.
- Stay abreast of new accounting pronouncement and determine financial impact of required accounting changes.
- Participate in a very dynamic, rapid growth revenue process and is responsible for participating in the timely close of revenue cycle and all associated reviews, reporting and reconciliations.
- Assist in development/maintenance of written procedures for internal procedures, policies and best practices.
- Ensure compliance to key internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Perform and document deal reviews for appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with company policies, procedures and contractual terms.
- Prepare reconciling and adjusting journal as required to properly record revenue.
- Participate in corporate initiatives with cross functional teams to evaluate contractual clauses, obligations and commitments in our contract and transaction deals.
- Effectively identify, communicate and process complex revenue accounting and business operation scenarios.
- Participate in the preparation of audit documentation.
- Directly support the activities of the Revenue Recognition team members and Managers as required.
- Assist with other projects and ad hoc requests, as required.
- Potentially participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation activities and VSOE analysis reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience. Ideal candidate will have a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting experience.
- Considerable amount of experience researching and interpreting GAAP/IFRS policy and proven ability to lead company’s efforts in proper implementation of standards.
- Experience in consumer products company preferred but not a must.
- Need to have the ability to drive change or influence outcomes—this role has a considerable amount of visibility.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with external and internal customers.
- Show a willingness to learn and an aptitude for detail-oriented tasks.
- Demonstrate strong accounting, reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate discretion, independent judgment and strong business ethics.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Position may include requests to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work effectively both as a team player and as an individual contributor.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP, reporting packages or CRM systems.
- Ability to organize information and maintain related tracking files, while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Subscribe To Our Blog
Director of Technical Accounting
Senior Financial Analyst
Strategic Project Manager
Manager Financial Reporting
Senior Vice President – Asset Management
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance