Vice President, Corporate Controller
Friday, January 25, 2019
RJ Byrd is leading the search and selection process for a Controller opportunity for a company based in DFW. This is a fantastic chance to work with a talented CFO in an effort to help the company implement processes and methodologies that support continued growth. It should offer a noticeable opportunity for professional development based on the visibility and influence of the role. The company has been able to assemble a talented executive team and this person will interact with them extensively. The Controller will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and controls to (i) ensure the timely, accurate recording and reporting of business performance, (II) safeguard the assets of the company through the development of documented controls and procedures, and (iii) identify and help develop opportunities to enhance processes. In this capacity, the Controller will oversee the accounting, reporting and control environment of the enterprise. This role will also be involved with accounting policy related work and how the company should properly interpret and apply new pronouncements. S/he will be a key player in the company and will work closely with the leaders of all divisions and functions as well as middle management of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; ensure employees are adhering to such policies and procedures.
- Responsible for GAAP accounting, reporting and consolidation of the financial results. Also responsible for the private equity management accounting on a proforma, EBITDA basis.
- Ability to build scalable accounting and control processes and lead a team at the pace of business growth.
- Support the financial reporting requirements of the business and key stakeholders including business management, the joint ventures, operational leaders and the lenders.
- Lead the acquisition integration and accounting for development. Technical experience in acquisition, business combination and equity method of accounting.
- Ensure the following: that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, that all reasonable discounts are taken on AP and that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly reporting package to the leadership team (coordinate with appropriate parties, as appropriate); implement improvements, as needed.
- Manage, mentor, teach and train employees in the GL, AR and AP areas.
- Understand productivity of existing accounting resources and functions across the company and identify opportunities to enhance scalability/value/accuracy/speed; Develop dashboards to identify the efficiency and appropriate staffing of each department.
- Manage/lead the external audit process working closely with external auditors.
- Provide leadership expertise and business justification to upgrade existing ERP/other systems in the areas of accounting and financial control, including:
o Business intelligence reporting, budgeting and forecasting tools
o GL entry workflow software;
o AP workflow software;
o AR management and collections software;
o Expense reporting (if necessary); and
o Others as identified.
- Participate in implementation and upgrades, including testing.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is required.
- Minimum 15 years accounting experience. Experience in a Controllership position with several companies.
- Big 4/Public accounting experience and would prefer corporate accounting experience as well.
- Solid ERP experience, work with implementation and/or system enhancements strongly preferred.
- Technical accounting skills combined with process aptitude and demonstrated “scale up” in a growth or high change business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to “see” the future requirements and put in place the processes and organization ahead of that change.
- Demonstrated skills in leading and developing teams. Strong communication skills and a team player. See their role beyond “closing the books” but as a support to the business needs.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong presence and the ability to work closely and communicate with the senior leadership team.
Subscribe To Our Blog
Financial Analyst – Corporate Finance
Senior Financial Analyst
Vice President, Corporate Controller
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance
Manager Financial Reporting