Director of Technology
Thursday, March 7, 2019
The Director of Technology is a newly created position and the first leadership hire to be in charge of all things application related and technology-driven within an aggressively growing Real Estate firm in Fort Worth, TX. This position manages all aspects of the department and is responsible for leadership, performance management and vendor relations. This job operates in a professional office environment with high visibility to the Partners, outside investors and company employees.
The Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all applications’ functions within the organization. This includes meeting all existing and company's future needs, as well as the support/maintenance and development of new technical solutions. This position plans, directs and manages the technology strategy to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems for finance and operations to meet decision making requirements. Other responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the users and recommends technical solutions to enable better performance and growth.
- Evaluate and provide information and systems counseling and guidance to Partners and serve as the subject matter expert in strategy and planning meetings with stake holders and outside influencers.
- Direct the design, development, and maintenance of current and future applications, programs, and other application-related opportunities to meet company's needs.
- Maintain Real Estate and Construction-specific intelligence in systems and applications and incorporate latest solutions to keep Best-in-Class user experience.
- Establish IT policies and standards to ensure effective and consistent data operations and efficiencies.
- Administer departmental budget within guidelines to manage cost-effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Manage timelines for vendors’ releases and implement effective project controls and reporting standards.
- Analyze application bottle necks and limitations, design solutions and present recommendations to Partners with cost analysis, ROI and functional needs.
- Advise and train various departments on new applications and releases, coordinate and document changes to existing software.
- Represent IT functions and capabilities at Partner and investor meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline.
- Advance technical training or certifications strongly desired.
- Five+ (5) years of experience in Commercial Real Estate development, acquisitions, and construction.
- Possess a passion for the real estate and construction industries, and for technology being the catalyst for efficiencies and enabling growth.
- Possess Boardroom presence and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to manage vendors, evaluate technical solutions and recommend changes in systems and software.
- Maintain the ability to troubleshoot and support existing systems.
This position is heavily incented. Base salary will commensurate with experience.