Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Work with the financial planning analysis staff, Chief Financial Officer and various department heads and assist Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis with the development and execution of the budgeting and forecasting process for the Retail division. Primary concentration on monitoring overall Retail Store P&L performance, leverage recurring and ad hoc management reporting to identify trends, understand opportunities and risks, including sales, margin and overall EBITDA results. Will have some involvement with Board of Directors and senior management presentations.
- Provide financial and analytical support for the Retail store division planning and forecasting processes. This includes the Annual Operating Plan and monthly forecasts with focus on U.S. and non-U.S. regions, providing guidance and direction.
- Understand and provide variance analysis regarding the details/drivers behind key P&L lines (sales, gross margin, corporate and store level expenses, etc.) and make adjustments to reflect updated information.
- Develop various models (including full P&Ls) to support development of the Annual Operating Plan and work with U.S. and non-U.S. divisions to complete budget submissions for consolidation.
- Develop leasing models to be used in retail lease negotiations, articulate assumptions and modify based upon strategy.
- Analyze retail capital expenditure projects, ensuring that both financial (return on investment) and strategic goals are in scope.
- Support forecasting process by developing complex models to analyze sales and margin scenarios.
- Provide Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis with ad hoc analysis consistent with current management initiatives.
- Designs or oversees the design of highly complex systems and programs and resolves problems that require knowledge of the terminology, methodology, technology and literature in a professional field.
- Makes decisions where only general procedures are available and which require constant application of judgment and independent action.
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3 years + experience working in Finance or Accounting (Finance preferred) for a manufacturing, sourcing or consumer goods company with multiple product lines and multiple retail locations. Experience with all financial statements including balance sheet and cash flow models. Apparel and retail industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with a focus on statistical analysis, understanding of demand planning analysis and system logic, inventory movement, and problem solving. Ability to work under tight timelines with multiple priorities, advanced-level experience using Excel and Access, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point. Host Analytics experience Required.
- CPA or MBA or other certifications a plus
- Other Qualifications: Understanding of financial modeling and revenue forecasting, strong data analysis and data mining skills, using Excel and Access, ERP experience and data mining skills in ERP environment, being able to provide solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making, knowledge and familiarity with distribution, or wholesale operation is a plus, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and strong collaboration skills.
- Must be comfortable managing large amounts of data in Excel.
Subscribe To Our Blog
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Senior Strategic Associate
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance