Senior Financial Analyst
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
RJ Byrd has been asked to help with the hiring efforts for a Senior Financial Analyst opportunity. The company will offer a strong reputation and numerous career pathing opportunities. Given our experience with this hiring manager, we can confidently say he does a good job developing his staff, promoting a healthy work/life balance, embracing technology to better support finance and strategic initiatives and helping create a strong culture within the organization. This person will be responsible for monthly close reporting and variance analysis, the annual business plan, monthly revenue & pretax forecasts KPI’s, capex proposal development & analysis, and quarterly margin analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst provides analysis, reporting, and overall financial support for the Region. This position provides direct support to the Vice President and his team, as well as the Finance Director.
- Effectively plan, monitor, analyze, and forecast business results. Clearly explain variances vs Plan, PY and sequentially, and provide actionable data and insights to the Operations team for corrective action when needed. Clearly articulate variances due to volume, rate and operational efficiency / inefficiency.
- Early on, gain a thorough understanding of and proficiency in all client Financial and Operating Systems that pertain to the business. Leverage these systems to streamline operations and create meaningful insights for the company.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the month-end close process to include: the generation of accurate and timely financial statements | timely development and processing of journal entries and cost allocations | proper handling of various items which could include (leased labor accruals, equipment and maintenance billings, fuel and mileage tax entries, tolls, etc.).
- Ensure sound, fact-based operational decisions by providing insightful financial analysis and recommendations to the Team.
- Develop month-end reporting package with associated analysis for review with the SVP Region and his Leadership Team.
- Drive process improvements to validate the accuracy of our cost allocations, financial results and the monthly forecast.
- Actively participate in and contribute to all Finance Staff calls.
- Effectively work with Region and Corporate Finance / Accounting to resolve financial matters.
- 2-3 years as a Financial Analyst or similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics required
- MBA / CPA / CMA preferred
- Strong systems skills and data mining skills required
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Ability to Generate Executive Quality Presentations in Excel / PowerPoint is required
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills are required
- Quality program certification preferred (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.)
Subscribe To Our Blog
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Senior Strategic Associate
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance