Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Coordinate and prepare the monthly closing checklist and conduct progress checks throughout the closing process.
- Coordinate annual external audits and quarterly reviews. Function as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Maintain accounting and internal reporting calendars and manage company-wide close process to promote accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Execute internal control activities, providing a deficiency-free function.
- Provide robust inventory and gross margin reporting and analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of Stock Ledger, inventory related accounts, and inventory reserves.
- Reconcile, analyze and maintain rates utilized in inventory accounting processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert relative to inventory accounting systems, and inventory-related general ledger accounts.
- Ensure team development; build skill sets and ensure adequate cross training, efficient deployment of resources and continued professional growth and development.
- Identify and champion process improvements across the accounting organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; MBA or master’s degree in Accountancy preferred
- 7+ years corporate level accounting experience
- 3+ years leading company-wide closing processes
- 3+ years overseeing the inventory accounting function
- 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Retail or multi-unit experience preferred, in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- CPA license with active status required
Subscribe To Our Blog
Benefits Specialist - Dallas
Payroll Specialist - Contract - Dallas
Accounts Payable - Contract - Central Dallas Area
Accounting Specialist - Contract - North Dallas
Leader Strategic Planning
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Finance
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance