Friday, September 20, 2019
RJ Byrd Search Group is actively searching for a Project Manager experienced with driving multiple software projects concurrently for a privately held software development company in Dallas. This position is responsible for planning, executing, managing, and finalizing projects according to scope, schedule, deliverables, quality, and budget. The ideal candidate is adaptable and leads by influence with cross functional teams.
- Employs an appropriate level of planning and provides the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Aptitude to gain and understand enough of the technical domain to understand the technical risks arising from the technology paradigm and the software development process
- Leverage prior experience to blend traditional waterfall project management principles and practices with an Agile development methodology in the right proportions to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects
- Effectively communicate/influence business users and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Develop, execute, and maintain project management plan for each assigned project, including scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, and change control.
- Manage project changes (scope, budget, and schedule) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proactively identify risk and mitigation plans, monitor project status, recognize negative trends and project variances, and coordinate corrective action
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Create, monitor, and maintain schedules and tasks in Microsoft Project and Smartsheets
- Lead Project status meetings and communicate overall status to teams and leaders as required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field of study
- 5+ years of solid Project Management experience
- Experience leading Development and System Integration projects, and/or User Acceptance testing
- Experienced with the full project life cycle and SDLC methodologies Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient at using tools like MS Office and tools, including Project PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professional presentation, organizational skills and a proactive customer service approach.
- Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution, leadership, adaptability and coordination capabilities.
- Ability to communicate with and influence technical and non-technical customers
- Ability to work on multiple smaller-scale projects simultaneously
- PMP, Scrum and Six Sigma certifications preferred
Subscribe To Our Blog
War Games Developer