Thursday, November 7, 2019
RJ Byrd Search Group is actively searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer with leadership experience for an independently owned and operated, software development company. The ideal candidate is an experienced technologist that has successfully lead development, support, and maintenance of a SaaS platform. We are seeking a candidate that is passionate about cloud infrastructure, automation and understands the value of DevOps in an organization. This opportunity has high visibility, leadership exposure, and career growth.
- Ownership mindset, accountable for technical
leadership and deliverables for DevOps Team
Manage and deploy cloud-based SaaS solution on AWS
- Responsible for all code and application releases and deployments engineering decisions and maintain CI and CD pipelines for continuous advancement.
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure requirements, from capacity planning to disaster recovery.
- Partner with Engineering and IT Ops to create the technical roadmap for building out the tools and processes to achieve robust, scalable automated testing and release procedures.
Evangelize true DevOps practices with developers
and QA engineers.
- Design and implement robust cloud infrastructure monitoring solution for predictive alerts and advanced telematics
- Provide oversight for Level 2 and 3 issues: identify and troubleshoot issues, debug and triage issues for short term/long term solution.
- Responsible for owning both performance and uptime KPIs of all Production Environments
- Tasked with leading and planning application releases and change management functions.
- Develop, test, debug, implement and document complex systems and applications
- Lead and manage all stress and load testing of the platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or
- Experience working in every aspect of enterprise class SaaS product software development – from design, build, implement to support, troubleshoot and triage.
- 4+ years of experience setting up and deploying enterprise scale application in AWS Cloud.
- 5+ years of experience as a Site-Reliability / DevOps / System Engineer administration role of a customer facing, high-availability, large scale web-based application.
- Extensive experience with WEB API & SOAP.
- Experience with test automation after deployments and working in teams focused on CI/CD.
- You have the technical chops and seniority to lead high-performance engineering teams.
- You get your hands dirty. You know how to start with small hypotheses and validate them as early as possible with real customers before moving forward.
- Ability to stay calm/thrive under pressure and lead the team through disaster recovery processes.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.