Senior Financial Analyst
Thursday, November 7, 2019
Our client is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team at their Headquarters in DFW. This is a good opportunity to join an established, but growing, brand and take on a newly created role in their Finance & Strategy organization. This position is open due to a promotion and the person who you will report to was in the role prior—should be a good learning opportunity. This detail oriented and self-driven individual will assist the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team whose role is to provide accurate and timely reporting to the President, CFO and Shared Service Group as well as coordinate financial processes within the organization by working with various groups. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for monthly/quarterly internal reporting with a focus on trends, opportunities and performance measures versus budget, forecast and prior periods. Daily work also involves the preparation of financial analyses to support the needs of executive management. With a lens on cost efficiency and business effectiveness, this individual will also identify opportunities for expense reduction and/or optimization.
- Support existing and continuously improve standardized processes to enable timely, disciplined execution of internal and external reporting deliverables.
- Develop appropriate revenue/expense analyses, projections, budgets, reports, dashboards and presentations on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in the development of enhanced analytics in response to changes and opportunities in the business.
- Access and manipulate data from multiple business computer applications into meaningful analysis.
- Analyze business performance, prepare regular reports and make recommendations for improvements. Measure progress of improvement initiatives.
- Prepare concise and accurate presentations for senior management.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as part of the company’s continuous improvement effort.
- Participate in special projects/studies as directed by management.
- Use leadership skills and experience to mentor other analyst(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- 2+ years of progressive financial/accounting experience
- Comfortable with financial statements and displays thorough knowledge of financial and accounting concepts.
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Access and an ERP system (i.e., SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- MBA is a plus, not a must
- Prior experience or familiarity with SAP, Anaplan and/or Tableau is a plus
Subscribe To Our Blog
Technical Business Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Medical AR Specialist
Lead Senior Accountant
Senior Recruiting Manager Accounting/Finance