Tuesday, July 21, 2020
RJ Byrd has recently been asked to recruit for an Inventory Accountant. Our client is a privately held manufacturing company. They are seeking an organized and diligent accountant, responsible for auditing and reconciling inventory. The primary objective will be to control all aspects of inventory for the accounting department.
An overview of the role is as follows:
- Physical inventories/cycle counts – coordinate all physical inventories/cycle counts and perform book-to-physical research/corrections
- Inventory-related controls – responsible for policies and procedures around the physical flow of goods to ensure the accuracy of all inventory.
- Responsible for all general ledger inventory accounts.
- Partner with all areas of the Company to ensure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained
- Review, reconciliation, and correction of production information and related inventory impacts
- Reporting and analysis – provide decision making information with accurate and timely reporting that is insightful and helpful to the management team and relevant stakeholders
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience with inventory accounting and control duties noted above
- Knowledge/use of ERP systems
- Microsoft Office applications – primarily MS Excel
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred