Wednesday, September 18, 2019
RJ Byrd Search Group is actively searching for a Data Scientist for a privately held company located in DFW. This position will build analytics tools that allow business users to understand shifting business patterns and simply visualize the trends and events in a meaningful way. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial inclination to discover creative opportunities for applying analytical techniques to business problems and understands that true innovation comes from simplifying complex concepts. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop statistical techniques, sampling procedures and scoring algorithms for use in decision algorithms.
- Develop, monitor and validate in-house models and programs.
- Ensure effective project management/ delivery of analytics projects.
- Develop analytical solutions to holistic business problems, helping to understand any event that impacts business outcomes.
- Utilize decision algorithms, Classification & Clustering, SVM, Decision trees, Neural Nets, Optimization (Linear, Non-linear, Dynamic programming, Business Rules or any other machine learning/AI types of algorithms
- Provide insightful analyses to solve key business problems using advanced statistics and data mining techniques.
- Create solutions/hypotheses for a variety of business problems by using pattern detection over large datasets
- Derive appropriate action recommendations and work in partnership with the business to ensure implementation.
- Stay abreast of “best in class” analytic (forecasting/modeling) intelligence (market/competitor) and information / knowledge management systems.
- Communicate and document statistical analyses and methods in a logical and understandable manner for internal and external audiences.
- Development of simplified data visualization solutions of complex issues.
- A PhD or Master's Degree with at least five years of data mining experience.
- A degree in one of the following fields: computer science, statistics, or another computational area with an emphasis on the use of machine learning/data mining to build predictive models.
- Extensive hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Experience in developing novel machine learning algorithms
- Experience with quantitative data analysis languages: R, MATLAB, Octave, SAS, SPSS, SciPy, NumPy, SQL
- 5+ years of experience working with Distributed Computing Platforms such as Hadoop and Spark, NoSQL databases, Distributed Real-time Systems
- Solid programming skills using big data frameworks; Java, Hadoop MapReduce, and/or Scala.
- Experience using functional programming languages Erlang, Kotlin, Clojure, or Python is a plus
- Experience prototyping and developing data mining solutions.
- Strong ability to communicate deep analytical results to non-technical business collaborators, highlighting actionable insights.
Subscribe To Our Blog
War Games Developer